I went to my first concert in a long time tonight.
It was for an 80s coverband named the Spazmatics. They were pretty good.
- The BMI of the concert demographic has changed tremendously.
- The energy levels of audience members has had an inverse relationship with the BMI.
- When I was younger, I loved concerts, but I hated loud sounds. It was a love/hate relationship because I have abnormally good hearing. Now that I’m older, I kid you not, concerts are even louder. I used to go to metal shows. This was much louder.
- The song “Safety Dance” is still awesome.
- I also enjoyed “Walk Like an Egyptian.”
Over all it was a good experience. But my head hurts and sounds are a bit muffled. I suspect I’ll try to limit my concerts to orchestral/symphonic pieces from now on.